Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/11 08:09:14 UTC

HBase processor

Hi -- New to Apache Nifi and would like to know how does one go about
routing the events to HBase from Kafka. Can someone please address these:

* There is GetKafka/PutKafka but did not find any related processor for
HBase. Is StoreInKiteDataset the recommended processor?

* Currently I rely on Morphlines to transform the apache logs modifying the
fields and converting to Avro format and then writing to Kite dataset. Is
there a way to reuse the same Morphlines config via Apache Nifi to apply
the transformations to the events from Kafka?

Thanks!

Re: HBase processor

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Buntu

Hello.  I am not very familiar with morphlines but from quick reading
I do think you could put morphline steps into nifi if somewhere were
to build a morphline processor that accepted its configuration.

There is already a CSV to Avro processor and perhaps that will do what
you need anyway.

We have an HBase processor slated for the 0.4.0 release which we will
hopefully do quite soon after 0.3.0 which we will initiate a vote on
anyday - it has been undergoing highly focused edge/failure condition
testing.  If you are a bit adventurous we can send you info on how to
build from the source so you could test it out and see if it does what
you need.  That would be quite helpful for us anyway as part of the
reason we didn't include it in 030 is we wanted to get more feedback.

Thanks
Joe