Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Marcelo Magno <mm...@blumar.com.br> on 2003/06/22 20:07:01 UTC

Empty String

	I am having problems saving empty strings on the Sql Server with OJB.

	I have some string fields that couldn't be null or empty strings. On Access we had a option to mark where we want to permit empty strings or not, in Sql Server I was not able to find anything compared to this.

	The problem is, even if I do not send the empty string to my Object, telling that this field should be null, OBJ saves an empty string.

	I am working with Exception Trowing to the interface, and as the empty string is saved on Sql Server, so I do not receive any exception (as Ojb have saved the empty string) on the interface.

	Is there a way to manage OBJ try to save, or not to save (allowing the null on the column) this empty string on the table?

	Thanks in advance,
	Marcelo Magno