Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ron Reidy <rr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/13 16:18:17 UTC

mod_perl for Win32 + ActiveState Perl 5.6 (build 616) + Apache 1.3.12

Hi,

Is there a mod_perl available for the above
configuration?  If not, do you have suggestions?

Thank you.

=====
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA
Reidy Consulting, L.L.C.

Re: mod_perl for Win32 + ActiveState Perl 5.6 (build 616) + Apache 1.3.12

Posted by Sisyphus <ka...@hdc.com.au>.
Hi,
Yes - and you can even install it using ppm. Go to:
http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html
and follow instructions regarding ppm install.

I used this method to successfully (and easily) install mod_perl1.24_02-dev
on Apache 1.3.12 (Windows 98, AS 613).
I can't exactly recall what I specified for 'xxx' and 'yyy' - probably
'1.24.02' and '1.3.12'.

The only other thing to do was to add the following to httpd.conf:
LoadModule perl_module modules/ApacheModulePerl.dll

Hope it turns out that easy for you.

Cheers,
Rob
Visit our website at http://www.kalinabears.com.au

Posted by sterling <st...@covalent.net>.
Randy Kobes handles win32 binaries - i believe you can find the
modperl 1.24 for use with apache 1.3.12 here:

ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ppd/ApacheModulePerl-1.24_1.3.12.dll

sterling