Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Peter Stine <pe...@granddial.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/03 18:09:16 UTC

Secondary Storage timeout for ISO registration

Hello all,

I am running CloudStack 4.16.1.0 on a Ubuntu 20.04 system. I am also using a Ceph array for primary storage with an nfs share also located on it. The management servers are also in a cluster.
I am having issues downloading new ISOs. When I enter the information for the ISO, it says it registers successfully, but then after a short wait shows "Timeout waiting for response from storage host". I can still create VMs from templates in secondary storage and live migrate VMs.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

I checked the firewall and iptables to see if anything was being blocked and it does not appear so.

Here is the management log: https://gist.github.com/PeterS-gd/3baf67c2fbe9dc984246055e85fdd23c
iptables for both: https://gist.github.com/PeterS-gd/269070bc663a47f1eb67788cd1fcbe56

NB: This was working before. There was some network trouble, but I restarted the servers one by one and that cleared up most of the issues except for this one.

Thanks!

Peter Stine

Re: Secondary Storage timeout for ISO registration

Posted by Suresh Anaparti <Su...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Peter,

Did you notice any error in secondary storage VM logs when downloading the ISO? Are you facing this issue with a specific ISO? Can you reach that ISO url using curl / wget for secondary storage VM?

Also, try to register ISO with different url, and see if you notice the same issue. From the code, I see the timeout is 30s, and if the download cmd doesn't progress, it'll fail with timeout error.

Regards,
Suresh