Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/10 23:43:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 RC1

Please place all discussion in this thread.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 RC1

Posted by Steffi <ss...@interactive-pioneers.de>.
Hi Alex, Hi Eric,

thank you for testing the -marmotinni option.
I would vote for the -output option. It is more intuitive.
I wrote a ticket as OmPrakash Muppirala suggested:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34224

I also added a critical bug report. Please take a look:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34225

Regards,
Steffi

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 RC1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Erik,

I wasn't sure why there isn't already an -output option for FlexJS.  I had
trouble with the -marmotinni option when I was doing the functional tests.
 It might have gotten dusty from lack of attention over the months.

If you don't have any objection to having an -output option, one of us can
add it, either in this release or the next one.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Steffi,

On 4/23/14 6:42 AM, "Steffi" <ss...@interactive-pioneers.de> wrote:

>Hi Erik,
>

>Swcs:
>the FlexJS SDK contains several swcs. For the test project I use the
>following swcs:
>
>  playerglobal.swc
>  Halo.swc
>  FlexJSJX.swc
>  FlexJSUI.swc
>  MXMLCClasses.swc

Halo.swc should not be use by FlexJS applications, but may be needed to
keep the compiler from complaining.  If you can build without it, then it
is best to leave it out.

>Do you think this could be the default set for any FlexJS project.
>At FDT we plan to add a new project type for FlexJS projects.
>Any project type contains a default set of swcs.
That sounds great to me.

>Debugging:
>This problem occured during debugging of the SWF generated with FlexJS:
>The UI radio buttons (<basic:RadioButton>) are not clickable.
>They ignore any mouse interaction.
>Is there something missing in the DataBindingTest example?
There is a bug in radio button/checkbox that clicking on the actual
graphic does not work, but clicking on its label should work.  Let us know
if clicking on the label does not work.

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 RC1

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I put in a param a while ago (used for testing) called '-marmotinni'; if
you specify that with a file location following, FalconJX should output the
JS to that directory instead of the default location...

I've not tried this directly from the command line, only from the test
platform's ant file, so mileage may vary ;-)

If this is a blocker issue for you, I might be tempted to look a bit
further into this and create a proper solution.

EdB

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Steffi <ss...@interactive-pioneers.de>wrote:

> Hi OmPrakash Muppirala,
>
> I have tested a bit the the RC1.
>
> I was able to compile the DataBindingTest Example.
> by only adding the extra parameter "-js-output-type=FlexJS"
> This looks good so far.
>
> On the other hand I am a bit concerned about the output location.
> I think users wish to set the output location where ever the like.
> So maybe it would be nice if someting like "-output path"
> would be recognized by the compiler.
>
> Regards
> Steffi

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 RC1

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I think I have resolved FLEX-34224.

EdB

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Steffi <ss...@interactive-pioneers.de>wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> I have added two tickets. Please take a look:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34224
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34225
>
> And I can confrim I am working on FDT.
>
> Regards,
> Steffi

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 RC1

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 14, 2014 10:41 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> OK, I commented on that issue.  I'm not quite sure what they want.

Much appreciated! I hope the conversation you started should get things
moving.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Steffi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Yup, forgot to commit it.  Should be there now.

Looks good!  I have notified the IntelliJ, FDT and FlashDevelop teams.
Hopefully they will participate in this RC testing.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 4/10/14 2:59 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, those of you who have contacted the other IDE vendors (IntelliJ,
> >> FDT), it might be time to contact them again.  Enough has changed in the
> >> packaging of FlexJS that it has a better chance of working and it should
> >> be easier to react to assumptions they are making.
> >>

> >Should we wait until we (Apache Flex) approve the release?  Or would it be
> >better if they test the RCs as well?
> I'd like them to try the RC.  Based on what they find, we can decide when
> to make any changes.  If it magically works it would be great to add to
> the buzz.

Okay, I will get on it.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/10/14 3:07 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>

>> On 4/10/14 2:46 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Do we know if this version number - 0.0.1 is okay to be used with FB
>>4.7?
>> Yes.  I found out that FB is actually using a 4.x number in the
>><version>
>> tag in the descriptor and doesn't try to parse the version in the
>> "description".
>>
>> -Alex
>>

>This is what I see in flex-sdk-description.xml:
>
><flex-sdk-description>
><name>Apache Flex (FlexJS) 0.0.1 FP11.1 AIR3.9 en_US</name>
><version>4.0.1</version>
><build>20140408</build>
></flex-sdk-description>
>
>I don't see a "description" element?  Did you mean the "name"?
Yes.  Sorry about that.

>If this is the case, how will it affect other IDEs?
That's what I want to find out.

>Will it be better if we add a new element called "flexjsversion" and set
>it
>to the real one for others to use?'
We'll see what they need, if anything.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.