Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Plotinus <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 12:27:28 UTC

Yet another "svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/'" error :-(

Hi all,

I've installed trac and subversion on my PC (later I must install both on a
"real" server). I work with Ubuntu 8.04.

Trac works fine, but I've troubles with subversion that I can't solve.
What I've done is editing file /etc/apache2/sites-available/default and
adding the lines in bold:

NameVirtualHost *

	ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

	DocumentRoot /var/www/

		Options FollowSymLinks
		AllowOverride None

		AllowOverride None
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all

	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

		AllowOverride None
		Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all

        ScriptAlias /projects /usr/share/trac/cgi-bin/trac.cgi

                SetEnv TRAC_ENV_PARENT_DIR "/projects/trac"

                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "Trac Environment"
                AuthUserFile /projects/projects.passwd
                Require valid-user

                DAV svn
                SVNParentPath /projects/svn
                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "Subversion Repositories"
                AuthUserFile /projects/projects.passwd
                Require valid-user

        Alias /files /projects/files

                DAV On
                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "Files"
                AuthUserFile /projects/projects.passwd
                Require valid-user

                    Require valid-user

	ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

	# alert, emerg.
	LogLevel warn

	CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
	ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"

        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128

Then I've created a subversion project named "sandbox", and when I type:
svn info http://localhost:8000/svn/sandbox

I get the famous error:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/'
svn: PROPFIND of '/': 200 OK (http://localhost:8000)

My knwoledge on apache is less than basic. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

I googled but I can't find what happens.

Any help will be really welcome.