Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Neil Benn <ne...@cambridgeantibody.com> on 2001/06/05 16:04:18 UTC

Installation of SOAP and Tomcat

Hello,

	I wonder if someone has come across this before.  I've installed SOAP 2.2
and Tomcat3.2.2 on a win2K box running JVM1.3.  I've gone through the
installation instructions and has come up against a problem on the tests.
When I run the test to check the client and server are successful with the
command:-

C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

	I get the error of:-

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

	I can't find any detail on that error and it doesn't inform me of a great
deal.  Has anyone come across this before?  If so, please could you give me
hints/answers as to what could be the root cause of the problem.

	All/any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil Benn
Automation Informatics Scientist
Cambridge Antibody Technology