Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Seshi Reddy <gs...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/10/06 07:05:27 UTC

Help Required

Hello

I am facing a problem while writing the data to excel sheet.
I need to write data to the excel like following.
I have 25000 records, i will get 500 records at time from database and need to write to the excel sheet.

noofRec =25000,
count = 25000/500  i.e =50

//creating workbook hssfworkbook
//creating sheet
//creating sheet headres..

sheetrow =0
for (i=0;i<50;i++){

//get the data handling server side pagination so will get only 500 rec..

for(j=0;j<500;i++)
//create row
write the data to sheet cell.

}
//TODO write the outputstrem to work book.
}

this is the what i have

i need to write the data to excel at the //TODO   but the data is writing only first 500 records only.

so can any one help how to use workbook.write() more than one time.
its bit urgent , if any one give s idea i am very thnak ful to them,

bye
Sesh

---------------------------------

Re: Help Required

Posted by eswar <es...@cgvakindia.com>.
Seshi

Please check what Thomas said.

I can suggest you. When u write to sheet u are writing the 500 records in
sheet1 and move to sheet2 write the remaining records.. Try this... may be a
hint. to solve the problem.
with regards
eswar

Re: Help Required