Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/27 17:36:58 UTC

Issue list?

All,
   As we move over to Apache infrastructure, we need to decide what works for the community. The dev list is getting a lot of traffic and is probably intimidating to new comers. Currently the notices are:

Pull Requests and issue creation/comment/close -> dev@
Git commit -> commits@

One pattern that works for Hive is to do:

PR and issue creation -> dev@
PR and issue comments/close -> issues@
Git commit -> commits@

I don’t know what options Apache Infra gives us for notifications, but we could ask. What do people think?

.. Owen

Re: Issue list?

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
I think it makes sense to sent issue comments to issues@. That will make it
easy to remove them or set up filters to handle them.

We can't really use the Arrow or Parquet solution because we're using
GitHub issues instead of JIRA.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer