Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/20 18:22:58 UTC

Stepping Back

Hey

As many people may be aware, I've moved on to another team at Adobe, so I
will no longer be able to be the primary maintainer of Cordova for Android,
and I won't be available to review any PRs in the future.  It's been an
interesting decade of development, and I'm thankful for all the people who
chose to try and build applications with PhoneGap/Cordova, even if it
wasn't the right choice for them.

Thanks

Joe Bowser

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Thanks for all of your great efforts Joe and Best of luck in your new
challenge!

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:01 AM Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Cheers Joe, enjoy the new challenge!
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://simonmacdonald.com
>

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:23 PM Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for all the years shepherding this Joe, and being the father of
> > PhoneGap/Cordova Android!
> >
> > I'm sure it's been an interesting experience, but now it's time for
> someone
> > else to take up the mantle and be the lead for Cordova Android with your
> > absence. I know everyone will chip in, but ideally we would like someone
> > take charge and help drive things.
> >
> > It'll be a good experience for someone, taking the lead in the direction
> of
> > a major open source project.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 5:09 AM <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Joe — thanks for all your efforts over these years. Best of luck in
> > > your new team.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > ~ Kerri
> > >
> > > Sent from my phone.

> > so I
> > > Android,
> an
> people
> > > who

Hazem Saleh

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all the years shepherding this Joe, and being the father of
PhoneGap/Cordova Android!

I'm sure it's been an interesting experience, but now it's time for someone
else to take up the mantle and be the lead for Cordova Android with your
absence. I know everyone will chip in, but ideally we would like someone to
take charge and help drive things.

It'll be a good experience for someone, taking the lead in the direction of
a major open source project.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 5:09 AM <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Joe — thanks for all your efforts over these years. Best of luck in
> your new team.
>
> Best,
> ~ Kerri
>
> Sent from my phone.
>

> > On Jun 20, 2018, at 14:22, Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey
> >
> > As many people may be aware, I've moved on to another team at Adobe, so I
> > will no longer be able to be the primary maintainer of Cordova for
> Android,
> > and I won't be available to review any PRs in the future.  It's been an
> > interesting decade of development, and I'm thankful for all the people
> who
> > chose to try and build applications with PhoneGap/Cordova, even if it
> > wasn't the right choice for them.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Joe Bowser

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by ke...@gmail.com.

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all the hard work you have done on cordova-android (and tooling,
plugins, etc).

You will be missed.

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hey Joe,

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by "Terence M. Bandoian" <te...@tmbsw.com>.
Sorry to see you leave the project.  You provided strong technical
leadership and I think are one of the main reasons Cordova is usable.  I
hope you'll at least keep a watch from a distance and be willing to
provide guidance and insight from time to time.  Thanks for all your
efforts.

-Terence Bandoian

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by Andrey Kurdumov <ka...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for being watchful eye for the Android for so long. It was always
pleasure to read you relatively conservative opinions about Cordova Android

Andrey

Re: Stepping Back

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.