Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Pattison <pa...@76design.com> on 2002/08/16 21:44:43 UTC

Using internal paths for sendmail attachments

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a web app where I'd like to have a page send an email
to someone and attach a file to the email.  The attachment would
actually be an html or pdf document generated by Cocoon.

Right now the 'sendmail' logicsheet allows attachments, but the filename
is an absolute path to the file.  I would like to have it so that
the path I give the attachment is acutally an internal cocoon://
path.  I've looked at the sendmail.xls logicsheet, but have not been
able to figure out how I would implement this.  Is what I describe
possible?  I am willing to work on it, but I was wondering if anyone
had any tips or clues about how I would do this and where I should
start.  Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Using internal paths for sendmail attachments

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Paul Pattison wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm working on a web app where I'd like to have a page send an email
>to someone and attach a file to the email.  The attachment would
>actually be an html or pdf document generated by Cocoon.
>
>Right now the 'sendmail' logicsheet allows attachments, but the filename

Can't find this functionality in sendmail.xsl.

>is an absolute path to the file.  I would like to have it so that
>the path I give the attachment is acutally an internal cocoon://
>path.  I've looked at the sendmail.xls logicsheet, but have not been
>able to figure out how I would implement this.  Is what I describe
>possible?  I am willing to work on it, but I was wondering if anyone
>had any tips or clues about how I would do this and where I should
>start.  Any advice is welcome.

Look into the recently modified util logicsheet to see how resolver is
used. If you use resolver, you can process any kind of URIs, relative
and absolute, and it works with all protocols.

Vadim