Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/10/18 12:00:10 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Rename admin service to instance service

Hi all,

In our current work to clean and more user-friendly Karaf 3.0, I would
like to propose to rename the admin service to instance service.

Especially the admin:* commands and AdminMBean are not very clear for
the users (admin can mean a lot of things).

I propose to rename this to instance:

admin:list will become instance:list
admin:create will become instance:create
etc

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename admin service to instance service

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Mike,

fully agree. 3.0 is the good time to enhance this feature ;)

Regards
JB

Posted by mikevan <mv...@comcast.net>.

-----

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Charles,

you're right. We are talking about Karaf 3.0 of course, we don't change
anything on the Karaf 2.2.x branch.

For backward compatibility, in Karaf 3.0, we can provide aliases in
shell.init.config file.

Regards
JB

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
I agree, if we are to do such cleanup, then 3.0.0 is the place to do so.
+1

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
*

Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename admin service to instance service

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 Karaf 3.0 is the place to do that, and having the aliases for
backward compatibility should be sufficient for most users.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.