Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 13:05:45 UTC

Renaming Hosted and private Chef

Hi!

Recently Opscode renamed Hosted and Private Chef to Enterprise Chef
[1]. Now both are a single product (with the same api), that can be
consumed as on-premise software or as a hosted service.

To properly reflect that, I plan to refactor jclouds-chef and join
both HostedChefApi and PrivateChefApi into a single one
EnterpriseChefApi and rename the packages, artifactIds and provider
ids accordingly.

Here are the changes [2] that I'd like to apply to jclouds 1.7.

As package and artifact renaming are backward compatibility breakers
(although changes are pretty straightforward, just a renaming), I just
wanted to let the community know about the change and express an
opinion.

If there are no opinions against the change, I'll merge it by the end
of next week.

Thx!

Ignasi

[1] http://www.opscode.com/blog/2013/08/19/introducing-enterprise-chef/
[2] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-chef/pull/9

Re: Renaming Hosted and private Chef

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> If there are no opinions against the change, I'll merge it by the end
> of next week.

I'd be curious to hear from users, but code-wise it looks good to me!

ap