Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/15 01:43:37 UTC

Swarm and Acegi

There are a lot of people out there asking about wicket and acegi and
how to integrate them. And until recently the only answer was check
the wiki http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Acegi+and+Wicket-auth-roles.
Forcing people to use Wicket-Auth-Roles ;)
A while ago (I don't remember how long ago) i promised i would look
into integrating Swarm with Acegi. Lack of time and experience in
Acegi and Spring has prevented me from doing so. Until this weekend.
I don't claim to have become a Spring or Acegi expert but i got it
working, quite easy actually.
So for everyone interested read about it here
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Swarm+and+Acegi+HowTo
There is very little javacode involved but if there is enough interest
i (or someone else) can create a new project on wicket-stuff with some
general base classes / interfaces.

Maurice

P.S the example code has not yet been placed on sourceforge so get it from svn.

Re: Swarm and Acegi

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 16, 2007 5:26 PM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> and does it really work?

Why wouldn't it work?

For our projects we can store our users in our own database and do our
own authentication, so i don't really have a need for it (yet :)). But
i can certainly see people having to authenticate against an ldap (or
whatever else is supported by acegi) use this combination to ease
there authentication.

Maurice

Re: Swarm and Acegi

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.