Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Daniel Naro <dn...@ac.upc.edu> on 2017/12/14 08:40:56 UTC

Is there support for "derived keys"?

Hi,

First of all, please forgive any blunder in etiquette, but this is my
first use of a technical mailing list: from what I have understood I can
ask over here my technical doubts, if I am wrong please let me know
where I should send this.

I wanted to do some tests on the “derived key” features of XML
encryption 1.1. While doing some research (in the Java version), I found
some references to this part of the standard in the documentation (e.g.
DerivedKeyToken), or in the source code (DerivedKeyType). However, I do
not find any call within the code to key derivation methods such as
PBKDF2. Have I overlooked them? In case where the answer is no, does
this mean that the feature is not implemented? Are there any mechanisms
to implement a resolver for this very task?

Best regards,

Daniel Naro

Re: Is there support for "derived keys"?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
No, it's not supported for the Java library. Contributions are very welcome
though :-)

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: Is there support for "derived keys"?

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.