Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Gary Funck <ga...@intrepid.com> on 2004/02/11 06:53:23 UTC

does spamd print elapsed time, or cpu time to the log?

I had occassion to run some comparisons of spamc/spamd time versus
spamassassin time to process a message. I noted that the time printed
in the syslog by spamd, but eyeballing it I'd say that spamd is printing
the wall clock time.

Is it possible for spamd to print cpu time, and other related resource
usage info?

I'll file an enhancement request if this is seen as doable/useful.

Re: does spamd print elapsed time, or cpu time to the log?

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ms...@messagelabs.com>.
On 11 Feb 2004, at 5:53, Gary Funck wrote:

> Is it possible for spamd to print cpu time, and other related resource
> usage info?
>
> I'll file an enhancement request if this is seen as doable/useful.

It's quite easy - perl has a built in times() function for doing this.

Matt.

http://www.messagelabs.com