Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/02/17 12:08:02 UTC

[classlib] policy file

why has our permissions policy file (in jre/lib/security) gone from
java.policy -> drl.policy, lost its license etc. ?

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Actually, looking at it, it makes no sense to have this coming from
module/security anyway.

I'll revert to using the one from depends/files

geir

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> On 2/17/06, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I meant it's copyright / license block comment.
>>
>> Same reason every other files does.
>
> That is not a source code,

Sure it is

>  BTW corresponding RI's files do not have copyrights.
>> ...and why drl.policy? any objection to changing it back?
>
> I'm not sure it is legal to use 'java'  unless it is explicitely
> required by the spec.

what? like all those .java files?

> 'java.security' is required by the spec.
>
> How about 'drl.policy'?

No

Regards,
Tim

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
I actually have an objection to *that* name, so I will if you don't...

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
We historically have add the Apache License to all of our files.

We should do this here for consistency, but it's not critical - I expect
our policies to change to eliminate this practice at some point in the
near future.  If we do a release though before that policy change
happens, we should be sure to get it in.

Short answer, we should prollie get it in there.. :)

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: [classlib] policy file

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
It probably has been that way for weeks, since we switched to security2.
  Easy fix...