Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "lamfeeling2@gmail.com" <la...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/14 17:55:16 UTC

Symbol Link as InputFormat Folder

Dear All,

    I've got a Folder A, and has a Symbol Link folder A' linked to A, but
when I add A' as one of the inputformat folders, it gives me this error:

    Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.UnresolvedPathException:
hdfs://localhost:9000/user/songliu/W
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.INodeDirectory.getExistingPathINodes(INodeDirectory.java:201)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.INodeDirectory.getNode(INodeDirectory.java:122)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.INodeDirectory.getNode(INodeDirectory.java:131)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.getFileInfo(FSDirectory.java:1113)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getFileInfo(FSNamesystem.java:1874)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.getFileInfo(NameNode.java:879)

  My method works perfectly on LocalJobRunner, but fails on HDFS, any one
has any idea about that?

Best
Song Liu

Re: Symbol Link as InputFormat Folder

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Are you using the new API or the old/stable one?

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com

Re: Symbol Link as InputFormat Folder