Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lars Both <l....@dtms-solutions.de> on 2007/05/22 11:37:48 UTC

Problems with dynamic IP

Hi everybody,

I have a really annoying problem. I've implemented an application, which
connects to a server vi an axis-Webservice. I have configured a host,
which IP does change rather often (I'am using dyndns.org). I came upon the
problem, that my application would not connect to the server after it's IP
has changed. Even though if I ping the address, I get the new IP and the
server is available.
I did some investigation and found out, that the default time for
dns-caching is infinite. And I found the property, that is supposed to
change it:

  java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.ttl" , "0");
  java.security.Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl" ,
"0");

But it did not seem to change anything. I am still stuck with my problem.
I have to restart my application everytime the server gets a new ip.

- Has anybody got experience with that?
- How can I force axis to re-resolve the Host Name?
- Where could anything be cached?
- Is there a way to tell axis to reset it's engine, or something similar?

Well.. any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Regards
Lars

--
Dipl.-Inform.