Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Milan Satala <mi...@eea.sk> on 2008/06/17 14:20:16 UTC

Getting java.net.SocketTimeoutException for a working webservice

I'm getting java.net.SocketTimeoutException for a working webservice.
I can test the webservice using soapUI with response times under
500ms. It's even reachable with java 6 reference implementation (CXF
not in classpath). Older version of the webservice was working with
XFire as well. The webservice can be found at:
http://prolix2.giuntilabs.com/prows_1/Prolix.asmx?WSDL
I used wsdl2java tool to generate the client. I'm getting the
exception for both CXF 2.0 and 2.1.
Any help would be appreciated. I think the fastest solution would be
to tell CXF to ignore the webservice and let java RI do the job.
However I'm not sure how to do that (I still need CXF in classpath).

Regards,
Milan

Re: Getting java.net.SocketTimeoutException for a working webservice

Posted by Milan Satala <mi...@gmail.com>.
It helped. Thank you very much for quick answer.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This looks like an older version of microsofts stuff.   Thus, the
chunking might be causing an issue.    I would try turning off the
chunking.

Instructions for various ways to do that are at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/client-http-transport.html

Dan

On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Milan Satala wrote:

> I'm getting java.net.SocketTimeoutException for a working webservice.
> I can test the webservice using soapUI with response times under
> 500ms. It's even reachable with java 6 reference implementation (CXF
> not in classpath). Older version of the webservice was working with
> XFire as well. The webservice can be found at:
> http://prolix2.giuntilabs.com/prows_1/Prolix.asmx?WSDL
> I used wsdl2java tool to generate the client. I'm getting the
> exception for both CXF 2.0 and 2.1.
> Any help would be appreciated. I think the fastest solution would be
> to tell CXF to ignore the webservice and let java RI do the job.
> However I'm not sure how to do that (I still need CXF in classpath).
>
> Regards,
> Milan

---
Daniel Kulp