Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/12/05 20:28:07 UTC

[Lenya Wiki] Update of "TestDrivingLenya1.4-HEAD" by JörnNettingsmeier

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lenya Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JörnNettingsmeier:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/TestDrivingLenya1%2e4-HEAD

  === Building ===

+ : For SUSE users: something in the global SUSE ant configuration conflicts with the Lenya build process. You will see errors like "undefined <if>-macro" (for Lenya 1.2.x) or "undefined option '-cp'" (happens with Lenya 1.4.x). As a workaround, edit tools/bin/ant and comment out the 3 lines reading in /etc/ant.conf.
- It seems that Lenya comes with its own extended version of Ant, a "make"-like program for Java projects, and the build script uses this version rather than the system-wide ant binary.
- To achieve this, all invocations of the Lenya-Ant should be done via absolute paths. But on my test machines (a SuSE 9.2 and a SuSE 9.3 system), sometimes the default ant version gets called, which apparently lacks some features. This happens with both 1.2.x, where the error is something like  "undefined <if>-macro", and 1.4.x., which complains about an undefined option "-cp".
-
- My shotgun workaround is to do '''rpm -e --nodeps ant''', run the build skript and reinstall the ant package afterwards with '''yast2 -i ant'''. Luckily, I always do complicated builds late at night, when I'm too tired to be ashamed ;)

  Now all that's left to do is