Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Help My PC! <hl...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/05 18:37:57 UTC

How to Forward Request Parmeters in Struts

Hi,

In struts, I have an action Act1 that forwards to a display page Page1. On that page there is a submit button whose action act2 forwards to display page Page2.

I need to modify Page1 in such a way that I add an additional submit button whose action Act1A forwards to display page Page1A. On page Page1A there is a button whose action is the same as in the previous flow, Act2, but the request parameters from Page1 and Page1a I'd like to forward to Act 2.

What is the best way to handle this?

My action, Act1a returns null, but when I'm losing the request parameters from page 1. How do I forward the request parameters from page 1 while maintaining the request parameters from page1a to action2?

I hope that this makes sense. Thanks for your assistance.