Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ankur <a....@gmail.com> on 2013/08/05 07:25:44 UTC

Using JACKRABBIT to manage files on a normal filesystem of OS (linux)

Hi, I am new to JackRabbit and in a process of evaluating the same for my
project.

We have a filesystem with data to be viewed by users based on folder/ file
level authorization.
For instance a user can view folders based on the ACL stamped on the
filesystem. This view shall be web based.

We do not have or intend to use any content repository since file system is
the where the data shall be stored in folders and file format.
Could you please help me in understanding if jackrabbit can be configured to
access the existing filesystem (No XML/ Database based persistence).
>From the existing documentation, I could figure out how data can be saved as
nodes and properties. But folders and files is what we are looking at.

Thanks for the help