Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Pratik <pr...@starhub.net.sg> on 2000/08/13 20:16:37 UTC

building ant!

hi

i am trying to install ant1.1 in Win98.
the ant user manual mentions that to build ant we need to run bootstrap.bat and then build.bat.
where do we get these files from?

if i bypass the build step & try to install the binary version i get the following errors -
bad command or file name
out of environmant space
build failed
build.xml:71: srcdir c:\ant\lib\src\main does not exist

where do i get the missing code from?

any help will be greatly appreciated thankyou

pratik

RE: building ant!

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Pratik,

The bootstrap and build files are part of the source release of ant. They
are not included in the binary release of ant. The source distribution can
be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/release/v1.1/src/

The binary distribution should be OK for you. On my Win98 box, I have the
following in my config.sys

SHELL=C:\command.com /E:4096 /P

This sets the maximum environment space under Win98, I believe.

Let me know if that doesn't get you going.

Conor