Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/07/06 12:35:02 UTC

Re: feedback: starting examples in trunk

xweber pisze:
> hi,
>
> here some feedback to current examples startet from trunk as guessed in
> README

<snip what="detailed bug report"/>

Alex, thanks for your effort of reporting all the issues. Such a thorough testing is of course very valuable and informative but we have to
think what's to do now.

Do you feel that you would be able to help us fix some of them? After taking a quick look at your report I think that some would be quite
easy to repair because only some paths are broken because of several refactorings.

Could you fill bug reports for at least portion of your findings and preferably submit patch fixing the issue? Of course flood of issues
will not help us that much but gradual informing should.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: feedback: starting examples in trunk

Posted by xweber <xw...@googlemail.com>.

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> Alex, thanks for your effort of reporting all the issues. Such a thorough
> testing is of course very valuable and informative but we have to think
> what's to do now.

no problem.

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> Do you feel that you would be able to help us fix some of them? After
> taking a quick look at your report I think that some would be quite easy
> to repair because only some paths are broken because of several
> refactorings.

I would like to be able to fix them - but unfortunatly with my current Java
and Cocoon knowledge I do not think that I am able beyond testing. If you
can give me one "solving sample" what may be caused by a path problem and
how to diag / fix this - then I think I will be able to apply on other cases
on this kind of problem. I am still learning...

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> Could you fill bug reports for at least portion of your findings and
> preferably submit patch fixing the issue? Of course flood of issues will
> not help us that much but gradual informing should.

Yes, putting that to a ticket system is possible for me. As I said in the
report - I cannot assume (right now) which samples should run and which not
(beacuse they are "old stuff").

Alex