Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Eric Basley <er...@dexia-securities.fr> on 2002/03/25 15:08:11 UTC

Using Cocoon2 within an application different from a servlet container

We developped a web server to present financial research documents to
our clients.
We would like to add a push fonction that will send email in HTML, quite
similar to our web pages, when a user add a document or a news.
So, I would like to be able to call Cocoon within our pushserver, ask
for a request to be process and receive back an XML(HTML, Pdf, Excel,
text) result stream ,  and build  a multipart mail based on the result
from cocoon.

Does someone wrote such code (call to Cocoon directly from a java
program) ?

Thanks for your help.