Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2001/12/17 13:00:24 UTC

Planning the next release (was Re: patch politics)

Hi Team,

I think it's time to think of a new release which should be
a maintainance release. We have fixed some bugs, cleaned up
parts of the docs etc.

Now, what else should be done? I see currently two points:

a) The changing of the directory structure according to the proposal.

b) "Forgetting the 2.0 branch" to maintain only one CVS version. This
   requires to move all experimental stuff into the scratchpad area.
   We have to be sure to be compatible with 2.0!

So what do you think about it? Perhaps a volunteer for a)?

Cheers,
Carsten

i18n transformer, Was: Planning the next release (was Re: patch politics)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]

Torsten,

> d) Making sure everything works;) Unfortunately some of
>    the samples don't. Somehow e.g. the i18n transformer
>    seems to be broken.

Does it work now for you? I fixed some bugs in transformer recently...
Don't know many languages though... (to verify that it works as
expected)

Vadim

Re: Planning the next release (was Re: patch politics)

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

--
Torsten

Re: Planning the next release (was Re: patch politics)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I think it's time to think of a new release which should be
> a maintainance release. We have fixed some bugs, cleaned up
> parts of the docs etc.
>
> Now, what else should be done? I see currently two points:
>
> a) The changing of the directory structure according to the proposal.
>
> b) "Forgetting the 2.0 branch" to maintain only one CVS version. This
>    requires to move all experimental stuff into the scratchpad area.
>    We have to be sure to be compatible with 2.0!

c) Adding the deprecation policy to the docs!

> So what do you think about it? Perhaps a volunteer for a)?
>
> Cheers,
> Carsten

> .

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: Planning the next release (was Re: patch politics)

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

I don't think is it a big problem. If you'd like to  compile the
scratchpad part copy it over to the build directory which will overwrite
the ones from the normal java directory (which include the .roles file.
Same with the webapp dir.

Giacomo

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>:

> > > proposal.

> > > This

> > > Great!
> > > I agree with you here, but we should then make a 2.0.1 release from
> > > the HEAD. So then we really do not need to worry about the 2.0 branch
> > > anymore.
> >
> > As we have applied all the patches *also* to the 2.0 branch we
> > can (for a 2.0.1
> > release) build it from there and stick with HEAD afterwards (no
> > more synching)
> >
> Hm, no I think that we then have the same situation as now. The HEAD and
> the 2.0 branch differ in some points. Sooner or later we have to decide
> what of the new functions in the HEAD should be in the next release
> of Cocoon.
> So I think we should move everything which is additional to the 2.0 branch
> in the scratchpad area. There might be exceptions for this rule.
> We can then directly make a 2.0.1 version from the HEAD and afterwards
> move that parts from the scratchpad area back to the src which are
> finished.
>
> If we first would do a 2.0.1 from the 2.0 branch, we still need to move
> some parts of the HEAD in the scratchpad area.
>
> I feel that making a 2.0.1 from a "cleanup" HEAD is a little bit less work.

Ok.

Giacomo

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

+1 from me

  Gerhard

"EARTH FIRST! We'll strip-mine the other planets later."

RE: Planning the next release (was Re: patch politics)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.