Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sylvain MACHEFERT <SY...@segeco.fr> on 2004/08/13 08:50:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Accent problem with Apache 2.

Hi

I'm new to this list.
I've searched (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&w=2&r=1&s=accent&q=bin )
the archive and I found the following problem :
- IE doesn't convert é into %E9 => error under Apache 1.3
- other browsers automatically convert é into %E9 and it works for 1.3

Now, I'm under Windows, with Apache 2.
I asked several friends to do the following test :
- create a "bébé.txt" at the server root.
- call http://localhost/bébé.txt and http://localhost/b%E9b%E9.txt
- which one work ?

Apache 1.3 win/linux, only b%E9b%E9 work, that's OK and normal (the RFC...).
Apache 2 win, with IE, only bébé work ! Apache 2 doesn't like %E9 ! :'(
Apache 2 win, with other browser (Mozilla, Opera) which convert
automatically é=>%E9 : nothing work !
not tested : Apache 2 linux.

Now the big problem, I'm developing a PHP app that uses a lot of files.
It'll be on sourceforge.net so everybody could use it. But I want it works
everywhere. But here I see that Apache is the problem.

Can someone clarify this problem ?
Why apache 2 (win, not tested under linux) doesn't like %E9 ?
And OK IE is a bad browser, but with apache 2, IE is the winner :-))

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain MACHEFERT