Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Holger Faltinsky/Denic <fa...@denic.de> on 2001/11/13 17:17:36 UTC

How to pack BlockListener?

Hi everybody,

regarding the BlockListener:
1) How do I have to pack that BlockListener? Do I have to build a new
bar-File (Block) for the BlockListener?
2) I understand it in that way, that using the BlockListener, I don't need
to bind different blocks together anymore using the assembly.xml, because
it's build in runtime through the BlockListener. What kind of classes of
methods I have to add to all the applications, to get this nice feature? In
the documentation there seems to be a "standard" assembly.xml as usual!?

Many thanks in advance.

Holger

Re: How to pack BlockListener?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:17, Holger Faltinsky/Denic wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> regarding the BlockListener:
> 1) How do I have to pack that BlockListener? Do I have to build a new
> bar-File (Block) for the BlockListener?

you can just chuck it in a jar in the lib directory.

> 2) I understand it in that way, that using the BlockListener, I don't need
> to bind different blocks together anymore using the assembly.xml, because
> it's build in runtime through the BlockListener.

well - only if the relationships are not dependency relationships. FOr
dependency relationships you still need to use assembly.xml

> What kind of classes of
> methods I have to add to all the applications, to get this nice feature? In
> the documentation there seems to be a "standard" assembly.xml as usual!?

yep - still use assembly.xml for dependency relationships.

BlockListener is mainly useful for aspects that cut across all Blocks. Things
we have discussed include
* exporting via JMX
* exporting via RMI
* exporting via SOAP
* Persisting
* Linking SocketFactory interfaces to SocketManager

--
Cheers,

Pete