Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rohan chauhan <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/01 16:01:33 UTC

urgent plz help me.. this error stop my entire poject. a common error but no solution working.

i'm using maven 2.0.5 for androMDA

i follows all instruction they mention.

I also set up settings.xml file in cong directory. which i just attached here.
also i delete my .m2 directory. but this error still comes in my way.

C:\Temp>mvn -e archetype:create -DgroupId=testapp -DartifactId=testapp
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.codehaus.mojo' could not be retrieved fr
om repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.m
aven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be
 found
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1286)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListBy
AggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:386)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The p
lugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no val
id version could be found
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:228)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:90)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPlug
inManager.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1257)
        ... 14 more
[INFO] Total time: 6 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 01 19:30:32 IST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

________________________________
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail ! ! !

________________________________

________________________________
* Learn to enjoy every minute of your life.  Be happy now.  Don't wait for
something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.  Think how
really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with
your family.  Every minute should be enjoyed and savored
by forgetting problems. * - My Thought

________________________________

      Connect with friends all over the world.. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/

Re: urgent plz help me.. this error stop my entire poject. a common error but no solution working.

Posted by Gabriel Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.
I think you might have a problem accessing the Maven 2 repository:
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.codehaus.mojo' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring
file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

Can you open a browser and see if you can get to
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/archetypes/? If so,
can you navigate further (into the latest version of the archetype
mojo) and try to download the artifacts manually?