Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Cappoli, William" <wc...@firstam.com> on 2009/06/11 21:57:21 UTC

Velocity and attachment id in JIRA

I'm trying to create a template that will be used to send a notification
to a user when an attachment is added to a JIRA issue. I have everything
in place for the most part but want to include a link to the attachment
in the email.  This is were the problem occurs as no matter what I do I
cannot seem to get the attachment id and filename. As this information
is included in the web address of where JIRA stored the file it is
needed for the link to work properly. I have tried a number of things
but cannot seem to get it working. Any chance anyone can help me figure
out what I'm doing wrong? Here is what I currently have:

<a
href="http://dev-jira.fareis.net/secure/attachment/$attachment.getId()/$
attachment.getFilename()">attachment</a>

When the email is sent the link is included but clicking on it brings up
an error page saying $attachment.getId() cannot be resolved.

Thanks

Bill Cappoli
LAS IT
BCS - Business Collaboration Services
Intermediate Business Systems Analyst
Phone - 1-800-969-8787 ext. 6795
Fax - 1-800-644-6262

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use
of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified
that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake,
please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the
original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.
FADLD Tag

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

Thank you.
FACLD