Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jayapandian Ponraj <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 13:35:58 UTC

Minor compaction not triggered

Hi

I have a cassandra cluster of 6 nodes, with DateTiered compaction for
the tables/CFs
For some reason the minor compaction never happens.
I have enabled debug logging and I don't see any debug logs related to
compaction like the following

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.0/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/compaction/CompactionManager.java#L150
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.0/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/compaction/DateTieredCompactionStrategy.java#L127

As a result of no compactions, now the cluster has more than 50K
SStables per node.
How do i debug this issue further?
Appreciate any help..

Re: Minor compaction not triggered

Posted by Jayapandian Ponraj <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Curently the cluster runs 2.0.14 on all nodes, will try to upgrade to 2.0.15

The issue is in all the nodes..

simple restart as in a rolling restart of all the nodes?

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jayapandian Ponraj <pa...@gmail.com>.