Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)" <JE...@nationwide.com> on 2021/04/06 17:07:37 UTC

SHA files

All,

Is there a reason that we do not post proper sha files for download.  In the files we post, all it shows is the checksum.  If we added the file at the end, the sha512 command would be able to make use of it.   For example we post:

3e8fc…yougettheidea…8bf7

As opposed to:

3e8fc…yougettheidea…8bf7 *apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz

If you execute shaw512 -c apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz on the 1st line you get:
sha512sum: apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz.sha512: no properly formatted SHA512 checksum lines found

It would make automation easier, if we could include the proper shaw files.

Thanks,
Rod.

Re: SHA files

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Apr 6, 2021, at 11:34 AM, Zowalla, Richard <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I think this is the way the ASF parent POM configuration is generating
> the SHA512 hashes during a release process (at least it seems to be the
> same for other ASF projects (Maven, ...) as well).
>
> I am using a this way of checking the checksums in our automation
> processes (docker ci envs):
>
> //obtain the checksum via wget or similar, store it in a variable
> echo "${SHA512}" my-tomee-artifact-with-a-custom-name.zip | sha512sum
> -c -

I like it.  I used this to make a script version if anyone wants it.  It'll do the download of the sha512.

 - https://gist.github.com/dblevins/fd9200a4664a82a26019fe7c17a7a3d1#file-verify-sh

Warning, I have a non-traditional bash style :)

-David

Re: SHA files

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi,

I think this is the way the ASF parent POM configuration is generating
the SHA512 hashes during a release process (at least it seems to be the
same for other ASF projects (Maven, ...) as well).

I am using a this way of checking the checksums in our automation
processes (docker ci envs):

//obtain the checksum via wget or similar, store it in a variable
echo "${SHA512}" my-tomee-artifact-with-a-custom-name.zip | sha512sum
-c -

Gruss
Richard

Am Dienstag, den 06.04.2021, 17:07 +0000 schrieb Jenkins, Rodney J
(Rod):