Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rishabh Agrawal <ri...@impetus.co.in> on 2013/02/11 07:36:08 UTC

Querying composite keys

Hello

I have key and columns defined in following fashion:

HotelName1:RoomNum1

HotelName2:RoomNum2

HotelName3:RoomNum3

Key1:TimeStamp:VersionNum

Is there a way that I can query this schema by only 'key' or 'HotelName' i.e. querying using a part of composite key and not the full key.

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh Agrawal

Re: Querying composite keys

Posted by Vivek Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.
You can query over composite columns as:
1) Partition key
2) First part of clustered key(using EQ ops).

Secondary indexes over non composite columns are not possible.

-Vivek