Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Soltysik, Seumas" <Se...@iona.com> on 2007/01/26 18:35:09 UTC

Managing (JMX) Configuration/Policy Beans

It seems like it would be a good idea to be able to modify certain runtime attributes associated with the config/policy Spring Beans via JMX. Since only certain attributes make sense to modify at runtime, only these certain attributes should be exposed via an MBean. Could we integrate the information regarding which attributes should be exposed by annotating the existing schemas for the policies and then modifying the JAXB code generator to add JMX annotations to the appropriate getter/setter methods? This way we can ensure that only certain appropriate values can be changed via JMX.

Re: Managing (JMX) Configuration/Policy Beans

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Is this information we really want to keep in our schemas? Spring provides
an approach where you can control the MBean interface through the
MBeanInfoAssembler
interface. There are multiple implementations including one where we can
just specify what methods should be exposed as attributes in the spring.xml:

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/jmx.html
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/jmx.html#jmx-interface

- Dan

--