Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/05 15:26:19 UTC

Re: How can I limit upload speed in Camel ftp ?

Hi

I dont think this is possible. But Camel uses Apache Commons Net (FTP)
as the ftp client. So if that library has support for it, then we
should be able to do this with camel-ftp too.

I suggest to search that library what it can do.

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM, arvind <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I limit upload speed in Camel FTP . Camel FTP is consuming all the
> bandwidth over the network.
>
> I am transferring the files using Camel FTP 2.9.2   but I need to limit the
> rate they upload at so I don't want to take all the bandwidth . IE I need to
> limit uploads to 150kbps.
>
> Is there any URI Options in Camel FTP to limit this ?
>
> Please do comment  for any other possibilities . Thanks in advance !!

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: How can I limit upload speed in Camel ftp ?

Posted by arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
I found a solution to limit the bandwidth in FTP using these below two
parameter in the URI with Camel FTP version 2.15.2
ftpClient.bufferSize=
ftpClient.sendDataSocketBufferSize=

ftp://abc@xx.xx.xx.xx:22/bcd?passiveMode=true&ftpClient.bufferSize=1024&ftpClient.sendDataSocketBufferSize=2048&disconnect=true&binary=true&password=abc

By assigning different values to these parameters we can control the
bandwidth accordingly.

Similarly  how can I implement something in SFTP to control the bandwidth ??

Re: How can I limit upload speed in Camel ftp ?

Posted by arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks much Claus.