Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pradeep Kumar <pr...@mindtree.com> on 2001/04/10 09:08:13 UTC

servlet start-up

Hello group,
I am using tomcat 3.2.1 on win2k box.
My requirement is that I need to instantiate my servlet when I start the
tomcat server and not when the first request is hit. If anyone knows how to
do this please reply to this email ASAP.
Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep

RE: servlet start-up

Posted by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com>.
hi Pradeep,

You can load a servlet at startup, refer tomcat documentation and read
web.xml file.(it has a servlet loaded at startup, you can directly cog ).

Shuklix