Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Colin Britton <cb...@centervilletech.com> on 2001/03/26 13:42:11 UTC

C2 Tomcat Install instructions (was Re: PROBLEM INSTALLATION WITH COCOON 2)

Cocoon 2 requires a version of Tomcat 4 (catalina) that is newer than the B1 release. You can obtain this from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/nightly/.

For a trouble free install you need the *latest* from CVS (after 23 March).

Set %JAVA_HOME% to point to your JDK Home
Set %CATALINA_HOME% to point to your Tomcat 4 install

Issue to following build command to Cocoon2

.\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes -Dinstall.war=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps install

Start Tomcat. goto http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcome

and enjoy the ride.
rgds
CB

Posted by Colin Britton <cb...@centervilletech.com>.
It will work anyway as Tomcat 4.0 supports servlet 2.2, however dims is
correct if you want to run servlet 2.3 you need to copy the servlet.jar from
%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar to xml-cocoon\lib

rgds
CB

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Colin Britton <cb...@centervilletech.com>:

> It will work anyway as Tomcat 4.0 supports servlet 2.2, however dims is
> correct if you want to run servlet 2.3 you need to copy the servlet.jar
> from
> %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar to xml-cocoon\lib

The fact is that the build script is different if you have a servlet 2.3
available in the lib directory. Certain function (IIRC sendRedirect) will not
work in TC4 if you compile C2 against a servlet 2.2 jar.

Giacomo

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Colin,

=====