Posted to user@struts.apache.org by SPietsch <SP...@gmx.net> on 2001/04/15 18:55:16 UTC

maxFileSize and file upload

Hi,

As  far  as I understood the maxFileSize init parameter for the action
servlet should limit the maximum file size of the file uploaded to the
server.
If I set this to 200K I can still upload files with more the 2MB. :(

In  the  struts  upload  example  application  it's  done  within  the
UploadAction.java.  However  this is the wrong place to do it. Because
the  file  is  then  temporarily  written  to  disk, which is a possible
security risk.

Does  it  work  with  anybody  or is it a bug in struts (which will be
fixed eventually)?

Soeren