Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by BrianMaltzan <br...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/30 21:03:35 UTC

can't create collection using solrcloud

Hi,

I have a fresh install with 3 zookeepers(3.4.6), and 1 solr(6.5.0) instance.
They are running and talking to one another, but I can not create a
collection. I can connect to zk and get files, upconfig, etc. My config
works locally with the built in zk.

I'm currently using a similar setup, with solr 5.2.

Any ideas?

Eg: bin/solr create_collection -c collection1 -d basic_configs
Creating new collection 'collection1' using command:
https://solr.test.x.org:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=collection1&numShards=1&replicationFactor=1&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.configName=basic_configs
ERROR: Failed to create collection 'collection1' due to:
{solr.test.x.org:8983_solr=org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:IOException
occured when talking to server at: http://solr.test.x.org:8983/solr}

And in logs:
Timed out waiting for new collection's replicas to become ACTIVE

CollectionsHandler Timed out waiting for new collection's replicas to become
ACTIVE with timeout=30
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured when
talking to server at: http://solr.test.x.org:8983/solr
hjjjCaused by: org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolExceptionk
Caused by: org.apache.http.ProtocolException: The server failed to respond
with a valid HTTP response

Thanks,
Brian

Re: can't create collection using solrcloud

Posted by BrianMaltzan <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I disabled SSL/TLS- now creating a collection works.

To re-enable ssl, I've tried upgrading Zookeeper's java from 7 to 8. Solr
was already java8. Now I'm thinking there's a solr.in.sh parameter that's
new, since solr 5, that I'm still missing,
or the certificate has some issue, maybe the SNI verification is failing.

The java exception I'm seeing is unusual, in that I'm connecting to solr
with http*s*, but the log shows http:
  org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException ocurred when
talking to server at:
  http://solr2.test.x.org:8983/solr

Thanks for the post Mangesh and Susheel, and email from Bernd! You're ideas
were helpful in narrowing down the cause. When using the
gui/terminal/web-api to create a collection, each give me the same error. I
did open iptables to eliminate a blocked connection.

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Try directly the collection API url to create collection as Mangesh
suggested and see how it goes...

Posted by mganeshs <mg...@live.in>.
Couple of times I faced this issue when firewall "Endpoint security" was on.
Once I disabled it then it started working.

Also for creating collection, I usually do in the following way,

upconfig the configuration to zookeeper using the command

bin/solr zk upconfig -n collection1_configs -z srv-nl-com12:2181 -d
collection1_configs

then for creating collection use HTTP command ( REST API )

http://srv-nl-com13:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=collection1&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&maxShardsPerNode=2&collection.configName=collection1_configs

This works fine for us...

Hope this helps...