Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by seeker <ja...@dai-labor.de> on 2007/04/25 16:01:36 UTC

CommunicationClustering based on ActiveMQ

I'd like to know what u people think about the conception I created.

I want to build a cluster of 'nodes' - a sort of platform we built.

Each node starts its own embedded broker on startup. The embedded brokers
find each other using discovery

		broker = new BrokerService();
		broker.setBrokerName(values.getName());
		broker.setUseJmx(values.isJmx());
		broker.setPersistent(values.isPersistent());
		try {
			connector = broker.addConnector(values.getUrl());
			connector.setDiscoveryUri(new URI("multicast://"+multicastAddress));
			broker.addNetworkConnector(new URI("multicast://"+multicastAddress));
			connector.getDiscoveryAgent().setBrokerName(values.getName());
		} catch (BindException be) {
			// address is in use already
		}

and

		connector.start();
		broker.start();

Each node has a queue through which it should communicate to other nodes.
To find each other each node sends some sort of 'I am alive'-message
(containing a node-queuename) into a globally specified topic. It listens on
that topic too.
Every node then sees other nodes and can get the queuename of other nodes.

Is it generally advisable to have a network of embedded brokers?

Is there anything which must be taken care of ? E.g. brokernames?, special
setup?

In practise this works on one computer, but causing troubles when using
different computers.
(in Jmx-console:  broker1 can see the broker2, but doesnt get messages;
broker2 cannot see the broker1 but does get messages from broker1)

Any hints would help me.