Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Travis DePuy <tr...@sada.com> on 2021/07/13 15:11:31 UTC

Copy Code Snippet

Hi!
   I was poking around this page on my Mac running Big Sur 11.4 and using
the latest version of Chrome:
https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/dataflow/

And hitting the "copy to clipboard" button copies the snippet with all the
html formatting :(
[image: image.png]

Happened on Firefox as well.

Just a heads up. I was of course able to go through the arduous task of
selecting the text and cmd+c. It was rough, but I made it through :D

Otherwise, great site and thank you for all the helpful examples and
documentation!
Happy Tuesday!

--
[image: SADA Systems is a premier cloud solutions provider specializing in
technology consulting, IT services, application development, and managed

TRAVIS DEPUY

Cloud Engineer

M: (619) 243-6046 <+16192436046>

Re: Copy Code Snippet

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
Moved this to: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-12607

Re: Copy Code Snippet

Posted by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com>.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 12:45 PM Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, I can reproduce it (macOS Catalina, Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93)
>
> I pasted it into TextMate and IntelliJ, and it was inserted with html
> formatting both times.
>
> —
> Alexey
>
> On 13 Jul 2021, at 17:56, Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the report Travis.
>
> I tried to reproduce the issue with the same setup (macos 11.4 + firefox &
> chrome), but I could not. Could someone else give it a try?
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 8:50 AM Travis DePuy <tr...@sada.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>    I was poking around this page on my Mac running Big Sur 11.4 and using
>> the latest version of Chrome:
>> https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/dataflow/
>>
>> And hitting the "copy to clipboard" button copies the snippet with all
>> the html formatting :(
>> <image.png>
>>
>> Happened on Firefox as well.
>>
>> Just a heads up. I was of course able to go through the arduous task of
>> selecting the text and cmd+c. It was rough, but I made it through :D
>>
>> Otherwise, great site and thank you for all the helpful examples and
>> documentation!
>> Happy Tuesday!
>>

>> --
>> [image: SADA Systems is a premier cloud solutions provider specializing
>> in technology consulting, IT services, application development, and managed
>> services.] <https://sada.com/?utm_source=emailSig>
>> [image: Twitter] <https://sada.com/lnk/twitter>[image: Facebook]
>> <https://sada.com/lnk/facebook>[image: LinkedIn]
>> <https://sada.com/lnk/linkedin>[image: Youtube]