Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ara Juljulian <ar...@juljulian.com> on 2003/12/26 16:14:00 UTC

Newbie OQL select question - can I selectively retrieve fields?

Is it possible to retrieve only certain fields of a table through OJB
OQL? Something similar to the SQL: select id, video_id from VIDEO_DATA
where id=5.

Doing things like select id, videoId from " + VideoData.class.getName()
+ " where id = " + videoDataId doesn't seem to work.  It continues
retrieving the entire table row.

What I'm trying to do is avoid loading a huge BLOB unless absolutely
necessary.  I know I could re-design the application to move the BLOB to
its own table or something like that, but I don't have that option at
this point.

Thanks a lot,

-Ara-