Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joey Hess <jo...@kitenet.net> on 2004/02/24 00:29:14 UTC

embedded cvs revision numbers and conversion

Our cvs repository has translations in it which currently refer to the
version of the English file that the translator last updated it to. Like
this:

<!-- original version: 1.5 -->

After cvs2svn, these numbers will of course make no sense. So is there
any way to, given a file and its cvs version number, get the
corresponding subversion revision number?

--
see shy jo

Re: embedded cvs revision numbers and conversion

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Joey Hess <jo...@kitenet.net> writes:
> Our cvs repository has translations in it which currently refer to the
> version of the English file that the translator last updated it to. Like
> this:
>
> <!-- original version: 1.5 -->
>
> After cvs2svn, these numbers will of course make no sense. So is there
> any way to, given a file and its cvs version number, get the
> corresponding subversion revision number?

Not easily.  I think you'd have to keep the CVS repository around, to
translate cvs revnums to dates, and then search by date in the SVN
repository.

-Karl