Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Stark, Roman" <st...@indiana.edu> on 2004/11/19 16:39:27 UTC

FW: Newbie Question : There was no default-PBKey specified

Re: FW: Newbie Question : There was no default-PBKey specified

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Roman,

does OJB find your repository.xml file?
Think we need more detailed info to help, so could you please post the
whole stack trace and the connection declaration.

regards,
Armin

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Stark, Roman wrote:

>>For the past tow days I tried to set up the ojb-blank project.
>>Everything I try ends up with the following message: "There was no
>>default-PBKey specified"
>>
>>I am using eclips 3 for the project following the instructions from
>>the web site.  All I have tried so far is just get a connection and
>>run a very simple QueryByCriteria.  I did set up the repository.xml
>>files, of which there are 3 plus repository.xml.
>>
>>The database xml has a simple <jdbc-connection-descriptor in it and
>>that's all, and the default-connection="true";
>>
>>I really am at a loss, any suggestions would be great on this.  I
>>don't even know where to look anymore for what set up could cause this
>>problem.

The usual reason for this is that the repository.xml was not found and
OJB started in the "un-configured" mode (which btw is intended for when
you want to setup OJB programmatically). You should get a warning about
this in the log file (if you configured e.g. logging to use Log4j) or
console.
Also be aware that with standard ojb-blank, you've got to start the
application in the build/resources directory, not in the project's root
folder (see the Getting Started doc at
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/getting-started.html for details).

Tom

Re: FW: Newbie Question : There was no default-PBKey specified

Posted by Pulat Yunusov <pu...@3genius.com>.
Can you please modify your mailer so it doesn't request return receipts?
Thank you,

Pulat