Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Wagener <br...@shoptalkforums.com> on 2004/03/31 22:59:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Page loading hangs when retreiving multithreaded to server behind DSL.

Hello,
Here is the setup, I am running a Linux server with Apache 2.0.49 at home
connected to my DSL line which uses pppoe.  The problem is when I try to
access the site on the internet, the parts of the page loading hangs up.
What I mean by hanging up is, is the parts of the page such as images,
etc. keeps trying to load, but eventually after minutes go by, I give up
and hit stop.  I can still access other pages, but if it gets stuck I have
to stop it and retry.

To do some tests I used wget to retrieve a directory on my site that
contains both pictures, and html, and by itself it worked fine.  When I
tried doing the same thing with 2 wgets at the same time, they both got
hung up after downloading some files.  I also tried with ab, but couldn't
get it to fail.  Things I have tried were to change the MTU to account for
the pppoe, so the packets do get framented, that made it faster, but
didn't fix the problem.  Any ideas and suggestions let me know,
TIA,
Brian