Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Kota, Sreenivasa ShravanaKumar" <sh...@hp.com> on 2008/01/31 03:50:54 UTC

Unable to find library Libgssapi.so

I have installed SVN client and dependent packages for HP-UX. Installation was successful.

root@tfriat3:>uname -a
HP-UX tfriat3 B.11.23 U ia64 0687125997 unlimited-user license

I am getting the following error while executing "svn" command. Could any one help on this issue ? Where / how can I get the library ?

root@tfriat3:>svn
/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libgssapi.so'.
Killed

Thanks & Regards,
Shravana Kumar

Re: Unable to find library Libgssapi.so

Posted by Miguel Rentes <mi...@efacec.pt>.
Hi Sreenivasa,

I had the same problem a few days ago. Here's what I did to solve the
problem:

- Got from HP-UX depot home the Kerberos Client Depot and installed it
(http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=KRB5CLIENT);
- I tried a simple "svn help" at this point and got the same error but
now for libcom_err.so, so I did a symbolic link to that library: ln -s
/opt/krb5client/lib/hpux32/libcom_err.so.1
/usr/local/lib/hpux32/libcom_err.so
- After that, subversion worked fine.

I sent an e-mail to the mailing list a few days ago telling how I solved
this problem. I think all the steps are here, but in case I forgot
something, search for the thread I posted this month.

Best regards,

Miguel Rentes

--

Miguel Rentes