Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by kkang <ki...@ds-iq.com> on 2016/04/01 20:53:37 UTC

Re: Dynamic URLs using InvokeHttp from an array

I looked into the links, but they didn't quite give me what I was looking
for.  Instead, I thought I would try a different route.  I "borrowed" the
code from InvokeHttp and created another processor called InvokeHttpLooped
(I know...not very original).

I modified it so that I could put place holders in the URL (example:
"http://somedns.com/${0}?query=${1}"...I tried following the same type of
pattern already established).  I then added another property
(ContextDataList) that should contain 1 or more rows with comma delimited
values.  In a loop for the number of line in ContextDataList, I create a
separate FlowFile, fill in the placeholders matching the sequence in the
comma separated values, and finally do what InvokeHttp did for each
iteration of the loop for the number of rows.

Since this was the first time using Maven, I finally succeeded in getting a
build done; however, when I copied in the NAR file, the InvokeHttpLooped did
not show up in the UI.

I probably missed some steps...any suggestions?

Re: Dynamic URLs using InvokeHttp from an array

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.
You are probably missing the necessary change to the following file:

META-INF/services/org.apache.nifi.processor.Processor

​If you haven't modified this file to include your processor, this would be
the problem.

Adam
​