Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2003/02/02 14:16:31 UTC

Cannot read Xerces DOMNode

I am trying to use a Xerces DOMDocument as the input source to a
transform, but I'm getting the error:

Fatal Error at (file <unknown>, line 0, column 0):
An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id={null}

I created the XSLTInputSource thus:

   XercesParserLiaison the_parser_liaison;
   XalanDocument * document = the_parser_liaison.createDocument ( d->get_document () );
   source = new XSLTInputSource ( static_cast<XalanNode *>( document )  );

I then pass *source as the first argument to XalanTransformer::transform
(both source and the_parser_liaison are actually private data members
of a separate class. A pointer to the object of this class is passed
as an argument to another function, which in turn calls transform).

I checked that source->getNode()->getNodeType() returns 9 immedialtely
prior to passing it to transform.

--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: Cannot read Xerces DOMNode

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Colin,

Take a look at this usage pattern:

   http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/usagepatterns.html#xercesdomwrapperparsedsource

Although this shows the old Xerces DOM, you can use with the new one if you
have the latest CVS code.

Dave

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Colin Paul Adams|
|         |           <colin@colina.de|
|         |           mon.co.uk>      |
|         |           02/02/2003 05:16|
|         |           AM              |
  |        To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org                                                                                   |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                                                           |
  |        Subject: Cannot read Xerces DOMNode                                                                                     |