Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Joshua Gerrish <jo...@itsdarkhere.com> on 2001/11/17 12:42:09 UTC

some patches for LDAP user authentication

To the Jetspeed team,

Hola.  I'm currently using Jetspeed to teach myself some JSP and
servlet programming.  And also as an experimental project
collaboration site.  It's a great app, keep up the good work :).

I did have a few questions though.  I noticed the LDAP
support in Turbine and Jetspeed is a bit rusty.  I've fixed up
some old code, and finally gotten it working with a typical
OpenLDAP setup.  There are changes to both the Jetspeed code and
the Turbine code.  First question, how should I go about
submitting a patch to the lists?  I'm not sure the exact protocol
to follow.  So I figured I'd ask if there was interest first.

Second question, some of the code is based on some work that
Gluecode did with Jetspeed.  Are they still maintaining Insight
Portal, and does anyone have a working e-mail?  Before I submit
anything, I'd like to see if they have anything going.

Also, I'm working on code that adds a category element to the
portlet-entry schema.  Then, portlet browsing (for example, when
you add a portlet to a pane) can be done by category.  If wanted,
I could post that also.  It helps when using an OCS feed like
moreover for example.

Oh, almost forgot.  I didn't find this in the INSTALL
documentation or other configuration guides anywhere, so you
might want to add it.  When changing the database type from
Hypersonic to anything else, the database.adapter settings have
to be changed also.  For my PostgreSQL setup I did the following:

database.adapter=DBPostgres
database.adapter.DBPostgres=org.postgresql.Driver

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Joshua Gerrish